Table of Contents
Anyone involved in a physically demanding job that requires you to be on your feet all day knows that wearing the right gear can make a huge difference, not just in comfort level but also productivity.
The quality of your work boot socks is just as important as the quality of your work boots, and some may argue even more so.
What good is the perfect boot if your work socks leave you feeling uncomfortable, keep odors lingering even after a wash, or simply do not provide you with enough padding, insulation, or ventilation?
We have reviewed the best socks out there from the top brands and have compiled a list of heavy-duty work socks for heavy-duty professions.
While the “best socks” is subjective, we have considered all factors that may influence your selection process when shopping for the best boot socks including:
- Most comfortable
- Thickness and padding
- Moisture wicking
- Warmth vs. cooling
- Synthetic vs natural and wool
- Boot size and types
And after extensive research, here are the top options for high quality work boot socks.
The Best Work Boot Socks
Darn Tough Socks
The Darn Tough Steely Micro Crew Cushion socks are a great standard work boot sock with extra cushioning around the toe for added comfort in steel toe boots.
They have a mid-level cushion density for comfortable all-day wear without slipping, bunching, or blisters.
All Darn Tough socks are made from a combination of responsibly sourced 100% Merino Wool with nylon and Lycra Spandex reinforcement inside and out. But they don’t feel anything like you’d expect from wool! Instead, they are soft, smooth, and elastic.
Made in Vermont, USA and backed by a lifetime warranty, they are definitely one of the best socks!
Micro Crew height is just under normal crew height.
- Performance fit
- Fine gauge knitting for durability and comfort
- Fast action wicking pulls moisture from your skin
- Temperature regulating in both hot and cold weather
- Naturally antimicrobial protects your socks, feet, and boots
- “True Seamless” construction
- Guaranteed for life
Read our full review of Darn Tough socks for even more details and other options.
Upgrade your boots with personalized insoles from treadlabs.com!
⭐ Read our full review of Treadlabs insoles
Smartwool Work Socks
The Smartwool Work Heavy Crew Socks use their specially designed 2 Degree fit system with added arch and ankle support to make sure your socks stay in place.
These heavy and extremely durable socks work well with taller work boots and feature a safety toe design which adds additional cushioning to help keep you comfortable through your work day.
Made in USA of Imported Yarn: 61% Merino Wool, 38% Nylon, 1% Elastane
Crew height accommodates 6-8″ work boots
- Safety toe design with additional cushion and durability
- 2 Degree fit system with arch and ankle support
- Flat knit toe seam for additional comfort
⭐ Read our full review of Darn Tough Socks
The Carhartt Full Cushion Steel-Toe Work Boot Sock is a men’s work sock designed to make work boots comfortable.
These come in a two pack and are made with dense terry cushioning pads to keep your feet, ankles, and legs padded.
The abrasion-resistant fibers help reduce the friction on both toe and heel.
Made in USA of:
- 70% cotton / 21% nylon / 8% acrylic / 1% spandex (white and black);
- 53% cotton / 20% nylon / 18% polyester / 8% acrylic / 1% spandex (gray)
- Abrasion-resistant CORDURA® fibers through the heel and toe guard against blisters
- Toe-to-top dense Terry cushioning for protection in the foot, ankle, and leg
- Arch support and spandex holds socks securely in place
- Fights odors
Give the gift of massage to your hard working feet and calves.
LIMITED TIME: $100 OFF with code: CLOUD100
$50 OFF on ALL 1st Orders w/ Promo Code: FIRST50
The Cabela’s Medium-Weight Wool Boot Sock for Men (4 Pack) provides you with lightweight warmth and moisture wicking comfort through your day, no matter what the season.
Cushioned throughout the foot along with heel and toe pockets will leave your feet feeling extra comfortable. The nylon reinforcement adds extra durability to reduce wear and tear.
Made in USA of 20% wool/65% acrylic/15% stretch nylon blend
- High-performance, lightweight, warm, moisture-wicking comfort, cushioned feet
- Heel and toe pockets, Strategic nylon reinforcement – greater durability
- 4 pack
Find great boots and Western wear at Ariat
The Wolverine Safety Toe Moisture Wicking Sock will keep your feet dry and comfortable throughout your workday.
These are boot socks made with cushion comfort for impact absorption, an excellent choice for steel toe boots.
They also offer embedded arch support to help fight against foot fatigue and have a reinforced heel for added comfort.
- Ultra Dri moisture wicking material for cooler, drier comfort
- Full cushion support
- Reinforced heel and toe protection
- Embedded arch support fights against foot fatigue
- Comfortable stay-up top
- Smooth toe seams provide all-day comfort
- Recommended for use with safety-toe products