Table of Contents
Thorogood is a well-known name brand work boot, made in the USA and crafted with only the highest quality materials.
They have been in the business of making comfortable, durable work boots for over 100 years.
Whether you’re an construction worker or weekend hiker, you can be sure your feet are taken care of in Thorogood boots.
Thorogood American Heritage Steel-Toe Work Boot
This sharp rugged boot feature in rich Tobacco colored leather and contrasting stitching is meant for hard working people who require extra protection from a steel toe boot.
An electric shock resistant, slip resistant, thick sole provides additional safety and stability, allowing you to feel confident and secure on your feet on the job site.
In addition, extra ankle support with an adjustable, secure lacing feature adapts to your needs. A removable shock absorption insert and comfort cushion makes them comfortable for long days.
- 18,000 volts of electric shock resistance is a great feature if you work around electricity
- The soles hold up really well even with additional weight added
- The leather is extremely soft and subtle, making them easy to break in
- White soles alleviate the possibility of leaving marks on floors
- Some pain in the toe area where the extended flap from the laces is stitched on – extra thick socks can alleviate this pressure
- Shoe strings don’t stay tied very well, but can be easily fixed with a double knot
- Size of the boot runs smaller than average shoe size, so it will be better to buy one size up. No need to worry if you buy online, since all the big sellers such as Amazon will exchange if you get the wrong size.
Thorogood Composite Safety Toe Gen Flex 6-Inch
These boots have a sporty, outdoorsy look that is different than the traditional Thorogood look.
Ideal for work and play, these boots are tough enough for the job and comfortable enough for everyday use.
The compression-molded gel inserts and cushioned footbed allow for shock absorption and comfort all day long and an abrasion resistant toe and side bumpers make it virtually impossible to leave marks.
- Rubber toe and side bumpers are not only abrasion resistant, but electric shock resistant as well
- Polyurethane mesh lining on the removable footbed makes it breathable and durable
- These boots hold up in the most extreme conditions, for long periods of time.
- Wide heels provide good stability
- Stitching can come unraveled after a period of time, causing the rubber toe bumper to loosen or come off; keep in mind, this boot is not for rigorous outdoor activity.
- Life expectancy is kind of short, around 8 months if use is excessive and demanding, but generally last longer during normal wear
- Laces can break easily if pulled too tight, however, by tightening laces from the bottom up alleviates the pressure from pulling from the top.
- Some pain associated in the toe area from rubbing, heavier socks could be useful
Thorogood Men’s Heritage 8 Inch Safety Toe Work Boot
These shock absorbing boots offer comfort in every stride. Avoid bumps and painful stubs with the protection of the Moc safety toe.
A rubber wedge outer sole provides traction when you need it while remaining sure-footed without worrying about a slip.
This stylish looking boot is featured in oil tanned leather and designed for the working man.
- Composite safety toe
- 18,000 volts of electric shock resistance in the soles
- Cotton Drill vamp lining for comfort
- Synthetic non-marking sole designed for slip resistance and traction
- Extremely comfortable and perfect for long wear
- The seams come apart faster at the shoe base than anywhere else
- The composite toe is too low and doesn’t allow for much room, if the fit is an issue, stores such as Amazon have an excellent return policy.
- These boots are not completely lined on the inside and can discolor socks. This can be remedied by wearing darker socks until boots are broken in.
Thorogood Men’s Trooper 8” Side Zip Boot
This boot is designed with numerous top quality features; providing additional comfort during long days on the job.
The combination zipper with Velcro inserts and lace-up feature makes it easy to remove and adjust the boot fit.
A cushion and shock absorbing midsole composite shank, keeps your feet pain-free during extreme working environments.
In addition, a slip-resistant, non-marking outsole keeps you steady on your feet. Be sure to check out our other top picks for Best Police Boots.
- Gen Ex Dual Density Rubber Lug Outsole is mark-resistant and prevents slippage and adds traction.
- EVA Cushion and FlexShock Absorbing EVA Composite Shank provide long lasting comfort throughout the day.
- Boots have a short break-in time and you can wear them right out of the box.
- Extremely lightweight at only 1.5 lbs.
- The zipper tends to cause some rubbing on the ankle, but thicker socks can alleviate that.
- Leather is only present on the heal and toe area, and can peel away but generally only after continuous wear in the field.
- Great for public safety jobs but don’t have the safety features needed for heavy construction work.