You work hard and you require a work boot designed to fit your lifestyle. After all, these are your feet, so take care of them. Thorogood is a well-known name brand work boot, made in the USA and crafted with only the highest quality materials. They have been in the business of making comfortable, durable work boots for over 100 years. Whether you’re an construction worker or weekend hiker, you can be sure your feet are taken care of in Thorogood boots.
- Thorogood Men’s Composite Safety Toe Gen Flex 6-Inch
- PRICE $$
- MADE OF : Leather and synthetic
- RESISTANT : Slip Resistant
- SOLE : Rubber sole
- COLOR : Brown
Thorogood Men’s Trooper 8” Side Zip Boot
Best for: Police officers, EMT’s, and other Public Service Officers…
This boot is designed with numerous top quality features; providing additional comfort during long days on the job. The combination zipper with Velcro inserts and lace-up feature allows for ease in removing and adjusting the boot fit. A cushion and shock absorbing midsole composite shank, keeps your feet pain-free during extreme working environments. In addition, a slip-resistant, non-marking outsole keeps you steady on your feet. Be sure to check out our other top picks for Best Police Boots.
- Gen Ex Dual Density Rubber Lug Outsole is mark-resistant and prevents slippage and added traction to remain steady on your feet.
- EVA Cushion and FlexShock Absorbing EVA Composite Shank provide long lasting comfort throughout the day.
- Boots have a short break-in time and you can wear them right out of the box.
- Extremely lightweight at only 1.5 lbs.
- The zipper tends to cause some rubbing on the ankle, but thicker socks can alleviate that.
- Leather is only present on the heal and toe area, and peels away easily but generally only after continuous wear in the field
- These boots aren’t waterproof or water resistant, it is possible to apply water, resistant application to help with that issue. Check out “How to Waterproof Your Boot/Maintenance/Care”
- The width is not designed for a wide foot
After this Thorogood boot review, we concluded that for the money, you are getting comfortable work boots with several features designed for comfort and durability on the job.Though leather is not one of the main components of this boot, it is designed to accommodate the needs of those working in the public safety field, such as EMT’s and police personnel. We would not recommend this boot for heavy construction or industrial work, as they require a boot with additional safety features.
Thorogood Men’s American Heritage Steel-Toe Work Boot
Best for: Engineers, Construction Workers, and ContractorsThis sharp rugged boot feature in rich Tobacco colored leather and contrasting stitching is meant for tough working individuals, who require extra protection from a steel toe boot. An electric shock resistant, slip resistant, thick sole provides additional safety and stability, allowing you to feel confident and secure on your feet on the job site. In addition, the extra ankle support accompanied by an adjustable, secure lacing feature is adaptable to your needs. Equipped with removable shock absorption insert, and comfort cushion enables periods of long wear with ease.
- 18,000 volts of electric shock resistance is a great feature if you work around electricity
- The soles hold up really well even with additional weight added
- The leather is extremely soft and subtle, making them easy to break in
- White soles alleviate the possibility of leaving marks on floors
- Some pain in the toe area where the extended flap from the laces is stitched on, extra thick socks can alleviate this pressure
- Shoe strings don’t stay tied very well, but can be easily remedied with a double knot
- Size of the boot runs smaller than average shoe size, so it will be better to buy one size bigger from yours, and no need to worry if you buy online, since all the big sellers such as Amazon will exchange if there is any size mismatch
We believe these work boots are worth every penny and found it extremely difficult to find many faults with them. These boots are specifically designed for engineering and construction jobs, especially electricians. Added safety features, along with comfort and durability make these boots a must have in the field. Rest assured, we have done our homework and our verdict is – we highly recommend these work boots.
Thorogood Men’s Composite Safety Toe Gen Flex 6-Inch
Best for Warehouse workers, and HikersA sporty, outdoorsy look is associated with these composite safety toe work boots. They feature an abrasion resistant toe and side bumpers, making it virtually impossible to leave marks. Ideal for work and play, these boots are tough enough for the job and comfortable enough for everyday use. The compression-molded gel inserts and cushioned footbed allow for shock absorption and comfort all day long.
- Rubber toe and side bumpers are not only abrasion resistant, but electric shock resistant as well
- Polyurethane mesh lining on the removable footbed makes it breathable and durable
- These boots hold up during the most extreme circumstances, for long periods of time.
- Wide heels provide good stability
- Stitching tends to come unraveled after a period of time, causing the rubber toe bumper to loosen or come off; keep in mind, this boot is not for rigorous outdoor activity.
- Life expectancy is kind of short, around 8 months if use is excessive and demanding, but generally last longer during normal wear
- Laces can break easily if pulled too tight, however, by tightening laces from the bottom up alleviates the pressure from pulling from the top.
- Some pain associated in the toe area from rubbing, heavier socks could be useful
Upgrade your boots to be more comfortable!
Check out our reviews of the
BEST BOOT INSOLES...
Though we find that the overall look of these boots is fantastic, there might be some issues with utilizing these boots for hard labor. Generally speaking, we believe these boots are great for those who are in less rigorous outdoor lines of work, and would make an excellent purchase for someone who works in a warehouse where the terrain is not so rough. Additionally, a casual hiker would probably enjoy the flexibility and the look of these boots, especially with the slip resistance technology.
Thorogood Men’s Heritage 8 Inch Safety Toe Work Boot
Best for: Electrical Engineers, Heavy Machinery Operators, Construction Workers, and Industrial WorkersThese shock absorbing boots offer comfort in every stride. Avoid bumps and painful stubs with the protection of the Moc safety toe. In addition, the fiberglass shank offers support and stability. A rubber wedge outer sole provides traction when you need it while remaining sure-footed without worrying about a slip. This stylish looking boot is featured in oil tanned leather and designed for the working man.
- 18,000 volts of electric shock resistance in the soles
- Cotton Drill vamp lining for comfort
- Synthetic non-marking sole designed for slip resistance and traction
- Extremely comfortable and perfect for long hour wear
- The seams come apart faster at the shoe base than anywhere else
- The composite toe is too low and doesn’t allow for much room, if the fit is an issue, bit stores such as Amazon have an excellent return policy
- These boots are not completely lined on the inside, therefore will allow for some discoloration on socks. This can be remedied by wearing darker socks until boots are broke in
After careful analysis of these boots, we believe they are a good buy. They are designed tough, and the additional safety features allow this boot to be used by construction workers, electrical engineers, and industrial employees. Though the boots do lack in the lining department, additional socks could be worn to alleviate any discomfort. These boots are easily broken in and they are comfortable as soon as you put them on. Size seems to run regular with the exception of the lack in toe room. But overall, it’s a great boot for the money. In addition, we have a list of best boots for electricians.
Thorogood Boots Reviews Chart
|Thorogood Men's Trooper 8" Side Zip Boot||$$||Leather||Rubber sole||Black|
|Thorogood Men’s American Heritage Steel-Toe Work Boot||$$$||Leather||Crepe sole||Tobacco|
|Thorogood Men’s Composite Safety Toe Gen Flex 6-Inch||$$||Leather and synthetic||Rubber sole||Brown|
|Thorogood Men’s Heritage 8 Inch Safety Toe Work Boot||$$$||Oil Tanned Leather||Synthetic sole||Tobacco Oil Tanned, Brown, Tobacco|
We strive to only list the most top-rated brands out there and avoid the rest. Thorogood brand boots are just one of them, deserving of recognition. Reading our honest Thorogood boots reviews page is the only way that you’ll know for sure that you’re getting what you need in a boot. Our reviews are 100% honest and we thoroughly research each brand we put out there. So, whether you are looking for a military boot, a waterproof work boot, or requiring a more durable and safety rated boot for your job, rest assured, you are getting only the facts and know that Thorogood boots do stand up to their reputation of being dependable, durable, and comfortable.