Table of Contents
It’s not every day that you get excited about socks, but we recently tested out two pairs of Darn Tough Vermont work socks and are thoroughly impressed.
Long story short… Darn Tough Vermont work socks are worth it!
If you are used to cheap, disposable socks, then you have been missing out.
Darn Tough makes some of the best socks we’ve tried.
What makes Darn Tough socks so good?
There are a few things that impress us about the Darn Tough Vermont company overall.
Guaranteed for life
‘nuff said! How many SOCKS make that claim?
Darn Tough makes their lifetime warranty simple. If they are not the most comfortable, durable, and best fitting socks you have ever owned, return them for another pair.
What don’t they cover? The list is short…
- Dog chewing
- Burned (even though they are flame resistant)
- Lost socks (they only warranty full pairs)
These are seriously tough socks.
Upgrade your boots with personalized insoles from treadlabs.com!
⭐ Read our full review of Treadlabs insoles
Made in USA
Northfield, Vermont to be exact.
Darn Tough has exactly one mill and all their socks are knitted there.
To maintain the highest quality, they don’t believe in outsourcing.
⭐ Read our full review of Darn Tough Socks
Made from Merino Wool
Before you assume wool socks are hot, itchy, and uncomfortable, bear with us…
Darn Tough socks are made from a combination of responsibly sourced 100% Merino Wool with nylon and Lycra Spandex reinforcement inside and out.
They don’t feel anything like you’d expect from wool!
These merino wool socks are soft, smooth, and elastic – just how you want socks to feel.
Wool is an amazing natural fiber that is:
- Moisture wicking – it absorbs moisture from your skin before it turns into sweat
- Thermo regulating – heat is naturally held or released by wool fiber depending on the temperature
- Anti-microbial – the chemical structure of wool naturally resists bacteria and odors
What about cleaning – are they delicate because of the wool?
Machine wash in warm water on gentle cycle with socks inside-out. Do not bleach. Tumble dry on low. Do not dry clean.
Steely Micro Crew Cushion with Full Cushion Toe
The first option we looked at is the Darn Tough Steely Micro Crew Cushion sock.
This is a great standard sock to go with work boots because there is an extra cushioned toe box designed to provide extra comfort and warmth inside of steel toe boots.
They call it a “mid-level cushion density” sock designed for ultra-comfortable all-day wear without too much bulk.
Made of 55% Merino Wool, 42% Nylon, and 3% Lycra Spandex, it is just a bit shorter than the traditional crew height sock and designed to just clear the top of a standard boot.
Give the gift of massage to your hard working feet and calves.
$50 OFF on ALL 1st Orders w/ Promo Code: FIRST50
Steely Micro Crew Sock Features
- Performance fit to prevent slipping, bunching, and blisters. We’d describe the fit as snug and reliable. These socks feel like they are there to protect your feet from your boots.
- Fine gauge knitting for durability and comfort. As mentioned above, you wouldn’t know these were made of wool if you weren’t told.
- Fast action wicking pulls moisture from your skin, thanks to the wool.
- Temperature regulating in both hot and cold weather.
- Naturally antimicrobial protects your socks, feet, and boots.
- “True Seamless” because they are knitted and not assembled.
- Guaranteed for life
These wool socks are available in XS through XXL (men’s 15-17), so they’ll fit.
If you are looking for a great everyday sock that will keep you comfortable in your work boots, then this is a sock to consider.
Paul Bunyan Over-the-Calf Full Cushion
The Darn Tough Paul Bunyan stands out for two reasons:
- It is tall. A snug fit over your calf provides protection all the way up.
- Full high density cushion through the entire sock is their second highest weight.
Made of 68% Merino Wool, 28% Nylon, and 4% Lycra Spandex, it is designed for the most thermal comfort and performance in cold weather.
Paul Bunyan Sock Features
- Performance fit to prevent slipping, bunching, and blisters. We’d describe the fit as snug and reliable. These socks feel like they are there to protect you from your boots and the elements.
- Fine gauge knitting for durability and comfort. They don’t feel like wool!
- Fast action wicking pulls moisture from your skin and dries fast.
- All weather performance keeps them warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm.
- Naturally antimicrobial wool protects your socks, feet, and boots from stinking.
- “True Seamless” makes them super smooth.
- Guaranteed for life
These merino wool socks are available in XS through XXL (men’s 15-17), so they’ll fit.
If your work involves cold weather or tall boots, then these are the socks to get.
You’ll be glad you got them!
Other Darn Tough Socks
We have a lot to say about a few Darn Tough socks here, but they have a many more work socks to choose from in a variety of heights, thicknesses, padding, and use cases.